Friday, December 12, 2014

While We're On The Subject...


In yesterday's Blog I mentioned my Grandmother Hoyt, and so today I thought I would feature some photographs of my grandparents, Claire and Fleta Hoyt.  Once in a while my sister used to stay with them overnight at their house in the South Side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago, and just loved it.  By the time I came along - many, many years later - my grandparents spent most of their time in California, and so I did not get to know them nearly as well.  One of the photographs also features my father Nelson, who was born in 1909.  If he were alive today, I would say to him "Wow!  They had cameras back then?"  I'm sure he wouldn't have taken that wrong.  My grandparents, by the way, got married in the parlor of a house on Halloween and the wedding was constantly interrupted by trick or treaters.  Let that be a warning to all you brides-to-be out there planning a Halloween wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment