Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Nostalgia For The Post Office? No Way Jose!


This week marks exactly one year since I quit my job as a Rural Carrier at the Highlands Ranch, Colorado Post Office to become the Bookkeeper at a local Bookstore chain.  I reminisced about working at the Post Office as I waited for the bus to work this morning.  It was snowing, the temperature was in the single digits, and the forecast is for more snow and even colder temperatures (18 below is predicted for tonight) over the next few days.  Do I miss working outside in these conditions until 8:00 or 9:00 o'clock each evening, being paid "by the route" instead of by the hour?  I might be eccentric (i.e.crazy), but I'm not nuts.  Time to board my warm bus that will take me to my heated office for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment