Monday, December 29, 2014

City Of Lies


No - it is not L.A. It is Tehran, Iran.  I am currently reading City of Lies by British-Iranian journalist and writer Ramita Navai.  It paints a pretty dark picture of the City of Tehran and the country of Iran as a whole. This is in sharp contrast to the picture painted by Rick Steves in his one hour travel special on Iran.  After visiting the third world country of Egypt (I use a snapshot from that adventure, by the way,  as my office computer's "wallpaper," as seen in the photograph above), I was actually thinking of giving Iran a try.  Not only because of Steve's enthusiastic report, but also because I hear the Motel 6 in North Tehran has really great rates these days. But not now.  In fact, I am even starting to have nightmares about being a secret agent on the run in Iran, and so I think a vacation there right now is out.  Perhaps I'll wait until a more adventurous soul travels there first. Perhaps even Cheyanne, recently returned from two years in Mozambique (see yesterday's Blog or check out Cheyanne's Blog at www.timeinmozambique.blogspot.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment