Saturday, December 13, 2014

Old Chicago And Dear Old DU


I had beer and sandwiches Thursday night at the Old Chicago on Colorado Boulevard here in Denver with my friend Stuart, seen in the above photograph sporting his new glasses. Stuart is a graduate of the University of Denver's Josef Korbel School of International Studies.  Since the school is in the process of constructing a new building on campus, I am sure Stuart will be sending them a sizable check soon.  I also am a DU graduate, having received an MBA from DU's Daniels College of Business.  However, since I was laid off because of outsourcing from the DU Bookstore after 30 years of loyal service as their Finance Manager, I cannot afford to send DU a check, sizable or otherwise.  And I am definitely NOT bitter about this.  Not me.  No way.  No how. Send DU a donation?  I would if I could but I can't so I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment