Saturday, December 27, 2014

Planes, Trains, Buses, And Automobiles


It was a White Christmas in Colorado this year, with Fort Collins receiving the most snow - around 6 or 7 inches judging from the photograph above.  It was all very pretty, but not so pretty getting there without a car.  Christmas Day for me was like a remake of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.  I took the Light Rail Train from home to the Greyhound Bus Station downtown (a lovely place to visit if you happen to be in town, by the way) and found out the bus had been canceled due to bad weather conditions on I-80.  And so yes - they do cancel buses, if you have ever asked yourself that question.  Then I took the train home and found that, unlike a few days ago, rental cars were available!  I then took the Light Rail Train downtown and took the bus to Denver International Airport, conveniently located close to the Kansas border, to pick one up, since that was the only office open on Christmas Day.  By the time I finally got the car, it was 4:00 P.M. and the snowstorm had started.  Nothing like a nighttime drive in a snowstorm across the Great Plains to put you in the Christmas spirit!  In any case, I got to my sister Susan and brother-in-law George's home by 6:00 P.M. and spent a very pleasant evening there, coming back the following afternoon.  All in all, a successful trip.  Hope all of you also had a wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment