Friday, December 19, 2014

Cary Elwes Appears At The Tattered Cover


I have always considered myself a hip, happening kind of dude, which is how I imagine everyone else sees me too, but I have to admit that I never heard of Cary Elwes until a couple of weeks ago.  Elwes (in the photograph above on the right) appeared in front of a packed house at the Tattered Cover Bookstore last night to discuss his new book, As You Wish, which describes the making of the movie The Princess Bride, in which he starred.  I have never seen The Princess Bride, which probably explains why I have never heard of Elwes.  He seems like a personable guy, and told some amusing stories about his co-stars and the making of the movie.  I briefly considered renting the film, but during the Q&A  part of the evening, I learned that Jim Carrey also stars in the movie, and so forget it.  No way.  Nothing personal Cary.

1 comment:

  1. Except that Jim Carrey isn't in the movie! Rent it, it's really good.

    ReplyDelete