Wednesday, April 27, 2016

A Colorado Rockies Update


I went to the Colorado Rockies - Pittsburgh Pirates game at Coors Field Monday night with my friend Mark, along with Mark's cousin and a former co-worker of Mark, both native Pittsburgers (is that a word?) and both, of course, Pirates fans.  One of them was wearing a Pirates ball cap, not unnoticed by the usher, but surprisingly enough, most of the people in our section seemed to be Pirates fans.  And I learned a lot about Pittsburgh during the evening.  I also leaned that the local Denver sportscasters, who say the Colorado Rockies are much improved this year, are full of it.  I have now attended two games this season, and the Rockies have stunk both times.  The end result:  Pittsburgh 6, Colorado 1.  Just what is your definition of much improved, sportscasters?

No comments:

Post a Comment