Wednesday, April 6, 2016

A Favorite Set Of Snapshots





The photographs featured on today's Blog are two of my favorites.  They were taken in the summer of 1977, a year after my mother Mary and father Nelson moved to Stuart, Florida from Chicago.  My sister Susan and I came to visit, and we hit all the high spots, including Stuart Beach.  The photos show everyone staring intently into the sky.




As I recall, my sister said something to the effect of "Look up there  - penguins!"  We all were stunned and looked upward immediately.  Then my sister said "I mean pelicans," which are a lot less unusual to see in the sky. Surprisingly, Susan still often says "penguins - I mean pelicans" to this day.  What can I say.  We were both raised on the South Side of Chicago, where both penguins and pelicans are fairly rare.


No comments:

Post a Comment