Friday, April 1, 2016

Another Great Bookstore Bargain!




I found a book on Toulouse Lautrec at the bookstore where I work while browsing the store on my lunch hour, and snapped it right up.  It has beautiful color photographs of Lautrec's work, and cost me a mere $8.60, including tax.  Of course, that was with my employee discount, but anyone could have snapped it up for $12.00.  I was not in the market for a book on Toulouse Lautrec, and would never have found it if I wasn't browsing the used book shelves at the store.  This shows just how much people miss when they only shop on Amazon.com (The Dark Side).








And by the way, regular Blog readers will remember that I actually saw Toulouse Lautrec at the Denver Art Museum a few years ago. And if you scoff, I offer the photograph on the right as definitive proof.  Faithful Blog readers will also remember that I took a photograph of Fidel Castro and his wife Posh during a Final Friday event at the Denver Art Museum, too.  I overheard that they were house hunting here in Denver, too, and probably have a place here by now.  Many people have told me that it was just somebody dressing up as Fidel, since it was Halloween night, but I think he was the real deal.  I would look up his phone number in the White Pages, but I suspect he is probably unlisted.

No comments:

Post a Comment