Thursday, April 14, 2016

Meanwhile, Back In Stuart, Florida...


In a little less than 3 weeks, our Stuart, Florida tenants will be leaving the condo my sister and I inherited from our parents and will be empty for at least the next 7 months.  This is both good and bad.  Good because it means we can actually use the place once in a while - bad because the income stream we have been receiving will be gone.  And in recognition of this annual transition, I am featuring a photograph of my father that I took at the Circle Bay condo complex back in the 1970s.  Circle Bay is right next door to our condo. While Circle Bay emphasizes boating and provides a boat slip for every tenant, our complex (the Monterey Yacht and Country Club) has a nine hole golf course and features free golf for the residents.  My parents used to like to walk along the docks of circle bay, enjoy the river views, and look at the boats, and I would sometimes go along with them.  They had many friends who  lived there, so if anyone asked them what they were doing there, they simply said they were friends of so and so.  Of course, if I tried to walk around there these days, they would probably just call the cops and ask questions later.

No comments:

Post a Comment