Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A Belated Look Back At First Friday




I attended the First Friday Art Walk last week on Santa Fe Drive here in Denver and had a reslly nice time. The weather was mild, and so the streets were packed with art lovers.  I enjoyed the people watching and going from gallery to gallery to see what was on display, but to be quite honest, much of the art is just not very good, or too weird for home display.










For example, would you have a place in your home where the painting on the right would fit perfectly?  Or even imperfectly.  If I invited people over for dinner and they saw this work of art on display in the living room, I suspect they would be looking at me rather strangely the rest of the night - even more so than usual. Although I must say, the basket of owls adds a nice touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment