Tuesday, May 31, 2016

It's Street Festival Time Again!


Memorial Day marks the return of Denver's summer street festivals, and this past weekend was the Colorado Artists Market and the Denver Day of Rock, both held along downtown's 16th Street Mall .  The weather was pretty nice, and so there was a large crowd for both events.  I was disappointed to see, however, that the Colorado Artist's Market was about half what it was in previous years.  The past two years the festival was held in a grassy area in front of the Denver Center for the Performing Arts, with the result that due to the rain it was more like a mud festival than an arts festival.   This year marked the return of the fair to the16th Street Mall, but evidently a lot of the artists must have stayed away after last year's fiasco.




The Denver Day of Rock was held on 3 separate stages on three cross streets along the mall.  I'm afraid that I wasn't particularly crazy about any of the bands playing at the time I was there.  I did take a picture of the Dirty Magnolias (really - that's their name), seen in the photograph on the right, but I wasn't all that crazy about them, either, despite their being introduced as a nationally recognized band.  In point of fact, I have never heard of any of the bands playing that day.  And I am a hipster! That tells you something right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment