Tuesday, May 24, 2016

As Long As We're Discussing Restaurants


In yesterday's Blog I mentioned that I stopped in at Governor's Park Tavern for the first time in 30 years.   As long as I am on the subject, I thought I would put in a plug for The Good Son, located right next door to the bookstore where I work on East Colfax Avenue here in Denver.  The idea came to me as I was getting into my car on the top floor of the parking garage last night.  Who knows why?  I have eaten at The Good Son several times, and the food is excellent.  It is most famous for it's Detroit style pizza, which got rave reviews from The Denver Post's food critic when the place first opened.  I have not tried it yet, but I assume Detroit style pizza is pizza made by local Detroit pizza joints utilizing unrefusable suggestions from the Detroit mob. And who would know pizza better than them?  It gives a whole new meaning to "Godfather" pizza. And so give The Good Son a try.  As that old commercial said: "Try it, you'll like it."

No comments:

Post a Comment