Monday, May 23, 2016

Governor's Park




I stopped by Governor's Park Tavern (in the photograph on the left) yesterday evening after working a bit of overtime as the bookkeeper for a local bookstore chain here in Denver.  The last time I was at Governor's Park Tavern was with my then wife Lisa, over 30 years ago.  After 30 years, I can't remember what was just to the west of the place, but today a Trader Joe's is located there.  I don't think Trader Joe's even existed then.  Trader Vic's yes, but that is a whole different story.





In any case, the neighborhood is still pretty nice , and just to the north from Governor's Park Tavern is the actual Governor's Park (with trees and grass and everything) and the Colorado's Governor's Mansion (in the photograph on the right).  And walking past the Governor's Mansion reminded me of a very hard decision I have to make this week.  Governor Hickenlooper, founder of the Wynkoop Brew Pub, has written an autobiography titled The Opposite of Woe, and will be signing copies of the book in conjunction with our bookstore this coming Thursday night.  But you have to buy the book to get a ticket.  Do I buy the book, and thus be able to take a photo of the event, or skip it, for reasons of being a cheapskate.  Decisions decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment