Thursday, May 26, 2016

A Chicago Baseball Update


I am happy to report that both the North Side Chicago Cubs and South Side Chicago White Sox are still in first place in their respective divisions.  The Cubs have the best record in baseball, while the White Sox are hanging in there - barely.  The White Sox have lost 7 out of their last 10 games, and so while I can still do it, I want to celebrate both teams being in first place by featuring one of the most famous White Sox players of all time, Shoeless Joe Jackson.  Jackson was banned from baseball for life for being implicated in the Black Sox scandal back in 1919, when White Sox players threw the World Series after tasking money from gamblers.  Many feel that Jackson got a raw deal, having played flawlessly in the series.  Therefore, I am featuring him in the above photograph with Denver's Coors Field in the background.  I understand he appeared in a Iowa cornfield once in a long ago baseball movie, so I don't see why I can't feature him at Coor's Field.  Say it ain't so, Joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment