Monday, April 3, 2017

A Serious Senior Moment


I had a very serious senior moment this past Friday night and Saturday morning.  And the above photograph - which if I say so myself is a pretty nice shot of the Denver Art Museum - proved critical in fixing it.  As you all know, Friday night was the final Friday in March, and as I had the day off from my part-time job in the evenings, I went down to the Denver Art Museum (the DAM) to their monthly Untitled Final Fridays event.  As I was leaving, however, the crisis began.  I have always parked on South Acoma Street - just south of the museum - when I go to these events, and when I approached my usual parking spot, I could not find my car.  I walked all around the neighborhood and could not find it.  I finally gave up, assuming the car was stolen, and took the light rail train home in a very dark mood.  Saturday morning I was checking the price for new cars, checking bus routes, and even considered downloading Uber onto my cell phone (it turns out it was already pre-loaded - how handy).  Finally I decided to work on my Blog, and uploaded the above photograph that I took just before entering the museum.  And in just minutes I realized that this location was the exact opposite direction from where I thought I had parked.  I rushed out of the house, hopped on the light rail train, and speeded to the spot I took that photo.  And there was my car, right where I had parked it, with a $25 parking ticket in the door handle.  Crisis over.  I didn't even care about the $25 ticket at that point, which is saying something.  This incident reminds me of the story Dave Barry tells about his mother. She came out of the grocery store one day and could not find her car.  A bunch of people were helping her look for it when she suddenly remembered they had just bought a new car.  Wait a minute, she said to everyone.  It's not a white Ford, it's a silver Chevy.  Everyone just smiled and slowly backed away.  I feel your pain, Mrs. Barry.

No comments:

Post a Comment