Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Final Friday

As I mentioned in yesterday's Blog, last Friday the Denver Art Museum's Untitled Final Fridays event took place, but it was overshadowed by my mis-parked car adventure.  However, now that the crisis is over, I wanted to mention a few things about that event. For one thing, the 7th Floor of the North Building is still closed.  It takes this museum months to change exhibits. What takes them so long? Do they actually have to create the art first before hanging it?  After I saw the "closed sign, I went down a few floors to the Japanese Art exhibit, where a lecture was in progress, as seen in the photograph on the left.  It was a bit too "new-agey" for me.  The speaker was telling the audience to look at a section of the painting, close your eyes, picture it in your mind, open your eyes again, yada, yada, yada.  I headed back to the other building, where Joan and Charlie was about to begin.


The Joan and Charlie Show is always funny, and I try to catch it each time I attend Final Fridays.  The skit is put on by the Buntport Theater group, and is based on a painting by the same name that the museum owns. You can see a replica of the painting in the photograph on the right, not to mention the two actors who portray Joan and Charlie.  The show takes place on the third floor of the Hamilton Building in a freight elevator - don't ask me why.  In any case - curiously - the painting is no longer on exhibit and is in storage somewhere.  I say they should find it and hang it up in the elevator during the show.  Why not?  Or just give it to Joan and Charlie to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment