Monday, April 10, 2017

Checking Out The Zoo Babies


I visited the Denver Zoo yesterday to check out the new babies that have been born there recently.  It has been a while since I have been to the zoo, mainly because I dropped my single lens reflex digital camera and it took several months to get it repaired.  I took the photograph on the left of the baby giraffe in the Giraffe House.  I was hoping to take an outdoor photograph showing the contrast in size between it and it's mother, but the giraffes evidently came inside early.  It was an extremely windy day, and perhaps they need to bring them in because they are so tall, kind of like taking semi-trailer trucks on the way to Wyoming off Interstate 25 during high wind periods.  And no, I have never taken a zoology class, thank you for asking.


I also took a photograph of the baby gorilla, too.  Every other time I have seen it, it was being carried around by it's mother, but now it is finally walking on it's own.  A good thing, too, since pretty soon it will be an awfully damn heavy thing to carry.  I must say, it is pretty damn cute, and follows it's mother around everywhere.  And it is still a hit with zoo visitors.  I had a hard time getting a clear photograph, what with all the other people trying to get a look and take photographs of it. Unfortunately, pushing my way to the front might be acceptable behavior in some parts of New York and New Jersey, but not here.  Oh well, all it took was a little patience and I took the photogrpah on the right.  The conclusion to a successful zoo day.

No comments:

Post a Comment