Saturday, April 29, 2017

Adventures In PickList Land


I had intended to take a self-portrait of myself in the office at my part-time job at a local Denver grocery store, where I fill online shopping orders and deliver them to the customers out in the parking lot.  However, just a few days ago I, along with the rest of the staff, was given a form to sign forbidding us from taking photographs of the store or any of the people there.  Therefore,  I decided to crop the photograph to the point where no one would suspect where it was taken. As for my part-time job, I had an exciting adventure last week.  I had loaded up a customer's car, and as I was heading back to the store, I noticed shopping carts in the parking spaces where our customers pick up their orders.  I left the pick list pallet, loaded with the empty totes, by the store and went back for the shopping carts.  As I was putting them away, the pallet with the totes started to roll into the parking lot, gaining speed very quickly.  I chased after it and got hold of it just as it crashed into a cement post and sent the totes flying.  I don't know if I hit the post or the totes hit me, but my shoulder still hurts from that little incident.  Fortunately, no customers were hurt or any cars damaged.  I mentioned this episode to my friend Stuart and my co-workers at my regular job at a local Denver bookstore, and they all thought it was pretty funny.  They only wished there was a U-Tube video they could watch of the incident.  So much for sympathy.  But I learned a valuable lesson - always set the brake.  You see - old dogs can learn new tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment