Friday, April 7, 2017

Opening Day In Denver!


The Colorado Rockies have their home opener today at Coors Field in lower downtown Denver.  It is a really big deal around here, and the streets around  the ballpark are crowded with fans.  It is so popular, the Rockies organization  holds a lottery to choose who has first pick on tickets.  I did not get selected, and so if I want to go to the game, it will cost well over $100 for a mediocre (at best) seat.  That is just outrageous. I'm thinking of skipping the game this year, the first Opening Day I will have missed since the Rockies started playing.  The organization has become very greedy in recent years, raising ticket prices up the wazoo for the most popular games, and refusing to increase payroll to put together a decent team.  I think the organization feels that if the team can draw 3 million fans each year with a team that stinks, why spend any money on making the team better.  Each year owner Charlie Monfort predicts the team will make the playoffs, and each year they finish in last or next to last place.  Hey Charlie, sounds to me like you are a good candidate for Congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment