Sunday, April 30, 2017

Spring Snow


Denver was hit by a spring snowstorm Friday night that continued all day Saturday.  I took the above photo after coming out of the library Saturday, looking toward the Bonnie Brae Ice Cream Shop, which was not doing a very brisk business.  The media outlets played it up big, of course, and the local grocery store where I work part-time was one again busy all day Friday with people preparing for the deluge.  The last time they predicted snow, I didn't see a single flake (the south and west metro areas supposedly received a lot), and so I was surprised to see about 4 or 5 inches of snow to dust off my car Saturday morning.  Still, it was a spring storm, and while snow accumulated on the grassy areas, it melted as soon as it hit the pavement, leaving the roads clear.  Which is why I always wonder why people act like they will be holed up in their houses until summer, and buy accordingly.  Must be all those Californians who have never seen a snowflake before.

No comments:

Post a Comment