Saturday, June 23, 2018

Melanie Hikes The Camino de Santiago



The person chosen to replace me as the bookkeeper when I retire from a local Denver Bookstore chain in August - Melanie - is currently hiking the Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage Trail in the north of Spain. She is taking a route that goes along the Mediterranean, which I didn't even know was an option until I looked it up on the internet, and saw you have a choice of 9 different routes on your walk to Santiago's Saint James Cathedral.  I can just see Melanie now, on the trail, singing her "Melanie" songs ("I've got a brand new pair of roller skates, you've got a brand new key," etc.).  I suspect there is probably a lot of tension on the trail among the other pilgrims because of this.  I just hope it doesn't get ugly.  In any case, Melanie is due back July 11th to begin intense training to learn my job by the end of August.  Hopefully she doesn't decide to stay in Spain permanently.  Don't make me come after you, young lady!  And no, the above photograph is not of one of the Camino de Santiago routes, but a photograph I took out the window of a train going from Granada to Madrid. Hopefully it looks like the area along one of those nine trails.  But if not, I say close enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment