Friday, June 15, 2018

Watching The Colorado Rapids With Mark!



I went to Dick's Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City, Colorado (motto: You can never have enough oil refineries) with my friend Mark - seen in the photograph on the left - to see the Colorado Rapids play the Chicago Fire this past Wednesday night.  And yes - it was indeed a soccer match. Mark - a true Anglophile - was beside himself with excitement about the start of the World Cup, and was in true honest to god soccer mode.  Plus, it was announced that very day that the 2026 World Cup will be held in Canada, the United States, and Mexico, and that Denver will be one of the host cities.  Talk about excitement, although I suspect the tickets will be a bit pricey.  Considering that I refused to buy a Colorado Rockies Opening Day ticket (after 24 straight years) because it cost well over $100, I can't see buying a ticket to a World Cup game unless by then I am completely senile.


However, during halftime, or whatever they call it in soccer, they played a game of "bubble soccer," where the participants played soccer following the usual rules, but wearing big bubbles, as seen in the photograph on the right. Now this looks like something that might catch on, and I am very enthused about it.  I am very seriously considering starting a new league featuring this sport.  As usual, I will be the idea person, and I hope my faithful blog followers will finance the venture. Be sure to e-mail me the amount you want to invest, and I will let you know how many shares you will get for it.  I am pretty sure that this will satisfy all SEC requirements under the Trump administration's new relaxed regulations, right?  And now, if you will excuse me, I have to check various internet websites to see what villas are selling for on the French Rivera.  Let the good times roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment