Thursday, June 21, 2018

The First Day Of Summer



Today is the summer solstice, the first day of summer, and the longest day of the year.  Officially, the summer solstice was at 4:07 A.M. here in Denver.  I hope everyone got up to celebrate it, just like I did.  In any case, in honor of the start of summer, I am featuring a photograph of my sister Susan and brother-in-law George, taken during a bike ride along Lake Michigan, sometime back in the early 1970s when we all lived in Chicago.  Chicago has a great lakefront, and biking it on a warm summer day is the best way, in my mind, to enjoy it.  Denver, of course, has no large body of water to bike along, unless you count the Cherry Creek Reservoir, which I certainly don't.  Time to visit Chicago again, and bring a bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment