Saturday, June 2, 2018

The Pool Is Back!



Talk about a sure sign of summer - the pool at my condo building, located directly across the street from the University of Denver, is filled with water, although a kind of dirty looking water, which I assume means they are still working on it.  I am not familiar with pool-ology, and so am not sure how they will make the water non-toxic, but I am sure it will happen soon.  Of course, I have lived in this building for over 30 years, and have not gone into the pool once, but my apartment is right over it, and I do enjoy leaning on the balcony and looking down at it.  And in honor of this day, I am once again featuring a photograph of myself holding a photo of (from left to right) myself, my mother Mary, and my Grandmother Louise Spillard  (my mother's mother), taken at the Sun Castle Hotel in Pompano Beach, Florida back in August of 1963.  And I am pretty sure this was the last time I was actually in a swimming pool.  Time flies, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment