Friday, June 8, 2018

Read Before You Sign







That is the message being sent by the rather tall young lady in the photo seen on the left, taken at last weekend's People's Fair.  It is targeting the people who come up to you on the street, asking you to sign petitions for various causes.  At the bookstore where I work on East Colfax Avenue here in Denver, these petitioners hang out every day on the sidewalk in front of the store.  It seems to be a different cause every day, and they always try to get my attention as I take my daily walk after lunch each day.  I always have a good excuse - I have to get back to work, and so I am never ever tempted to sign, but I definitely agree that you should read before you sign.  And as for the young woman, it's probably due to abnormal growth hormones.

No comments:

Post a Comment