Saturday, September 8, 2018

Back On The Bicycle At Last!



I went biking this past Labor Day for the first time in a very long time - I am thinking well over a year.  The past 10 months have been an extremely busy time for me, but now that I am retired, I am hoping to spend much more time doing outdoor things, such as biking, hiking, skydiving, etc. I only did a short, 2 1/2 hour bike ride Labor Day, but after a year, that was plenty.  I did find I had enough breath left to take the above self portrait (I refuse to use the term selfie).  It was taken in front of the Grant-Humphreys mansion, an historic home located next door to the Governor's Mansion and reputed to be haunted.  The last time I was there was for the wedding of a University of Denver Bookstore employee named Aziz,  who was originally from Algeria and was studying for his doctorate degree in international studies at DU.  The thing I remember most about Aziz is that his grandfather received a pension from the French for fighting the Germans, and a pension from Algeria for fighting the French.  Talk about win win.

No comments:

Post a Comment