Friday, September 14, 2018

Hispanic Culture Still Thrives In Santa Fe...



I was happy to see that despite it's popularity with the rich and famous, Hispanic culture still survives in Santa Fe, New Mexico. That was very evident at the fiesta parade this past Sunday, at the Palace of the Governors, where Native Americans sell handmade jewelry underneath the portico, and even in the restaurants, most of which serve traditional southwestern cuisine.  And of course, most of the people working in the shops, hotels, and restaurants speak Spanish, which of course adds to the Hispanic vibe.And by the way, southwestern cuisine is indeed excellent, but I must say I will be happy not to be eating it for while.  Variety is the spice of life, after all.  You can quote me on that.  I just thought it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment