Monday, September 17, 2018

September At The Zoo



I decided to spend a few hours at the Denver Zoo Sunday afternoon, and since the Denver Broncos were playing during that time, I almost had the place to myself. Everybody else was home watching the game.  It was sunny and damn hot out - 92 degrees - and if that didn't tie a record, it must have been close.  In any case, many of the animals stayed in the shade, or in their enclosures, during the afternoon, but a number of them came out just as the zoo was closing and things were beginning to cool down. I took the photo of the lion in the collage above 10 minutes after the zoo had officially closed.  I assumed they were inside to stay until I heard one of them roaring and found they had finally come out to play.  I still say they need to send an intern in there with a stick to get them out sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment