Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Dinner With Wally And Linda!



My friends Wally and Linda invited me over to their house last night for dinner and to celebrate my recent retirement from the Tattered Cover Bookstore.  It was a feast fit for a king - huge steaks, baked potatoes, salad, the works. Wally, of course, recently retired from the University of Denver Bookstore, where we both worked for many years.  Wally stayed there after the bookstore was outsourced to Follett Higher Education Group, while I was given my walking papers after a contractually enforced one year grace period.   I shouldn't complain, since I received one more year of 401K contributions, but I still do anyway.  I guess that's just me.  In any case, we had a very nice evening catching up with each other on what we have been doing.


I also got to visit with Wally and Linda's cat Stella and their dog Sailor, seen in the photograph on the right, ever vigilant in guarding the backyard from intruders.  Sailor was sent to a Colorado women's prison for obedience training - twice.  The first time didn't take, and so he was sent back there a second time for more training.  I think the term for that is recidivism. In any case, I was excited to hear than Linda and Wally are going to attend a wedding in none other than Stuart, Florida, where my sister Susan and I have a condo that we inherited from our parents.  I am planning on drawing up an itinerary for them, but unfortunately they are only planning to go for the weekend, and that won't be nearly enough time to see the sights I will be recommending.  I guess that means they will have to skip the wedding.  No matter - weddings are always pretty damn boring, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment