Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Stuart And I Return To The DU Campus!



I had happy hour beers and burgers with my friend Stuart at Spanky's Urban Roadhouse last night, and afterwards we walked across the University of Denver campus on our way to the local Starbucks for coffee. Stuart (seen posing in front of one of DU's reflecting pools) graduated from DU with a Masters Degree in International Studies (I think during the Truman Administration, but I could be wrong), and I myself got an MBA from DU, in addition to working as the Finance Manager of the DU Bookstore for almost 30 years, until the store was outsourced and all the employees laid off without being offered alternative employment at the university.  Not that I am bitter about that. Much. Anymore.  And so we soaked up as much collegiate atmosphere as we could stand (it is, after all, orientation week), before heading off to Starbucks.  It is, I must admit, a very pretty campus.  I will give them that.  And no - I am not bitter at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment