Thursday, February 28, 2019

A Brush With Kaos



Before I met my friend Stuart for burgers and beers this past Sunday, I took a walk over to Old South Pearl Street, and from there through Denver's Washington Park.  For about the 200th time this year, we had a snowstorm on Friday, followed by extreme (for me) cold on Saturday, and so it wasn't until Sunday that I ventured outside.  That day was fairly warm, and only a little slushy, and so a good day for a walk.  On my way, I passed Kaos, a pizza parlor and beer garden, and one of my favorite places, as seen in the photograph on the left.  It was voted Denver's best patio, and so I am not the only one with such a high opinion of the place. The patio is snow-covered these days, and so I think it will be a month or two until the patio starts filling with people, although I did see two brave souls sitting outside in the back.  What people won't do for $3.00 happy hour beers.




From Old South Peal Street I walked east into Washington Park, which was filled with people taking advantage of the sun and the warmer temperatures. And we do have to enjoy these days when we can, since another snowstorm is once again predicted for this Friday (the 201st Friday snowstorm if you are keeping score at home).  One of the things I have noticed about Colorado is that almost everyone here has a dog, and most seem to walk them in Washington Park.  Virtually every apartment and condo is dog friendly, whereas in Florida - specifically Stuart, Florida - you are hard pressed to find a place that will allow dogs.  Just why is that?





The geese were out in Washington Park in large numbers, too, pecking away at the spots where the grass was showing through.  And once again I was thinking that a true entrepreneur would go around the park with a net, collect as many geese as possible, and send them off for a hefty profit to somewhere where a goose dinner is considered a delicacy - perhaps New Jersey.  But not me.  Those geese bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment