Sunday, February 17, 2019

Home Sweet Home



Sometimes it is just too cold and/or too snowy to go outside, which was the case yesterday here in Denver, and I am just happy to stay home and look out at the bad weather.  This is what I was doing when I took the above photograph of the view from my living room window.  However, back when I worked as a rural carrier for the post office down in Highlands Ranch for about six months (although it seemed like six years), I did not have that choice, and was often outside long after dark in below zero temperatures.  That is one tough job, and you have to admire the people who do it, especially the part-timers without benefits who often take on unfamiliar routes and sometimes stay out until midnight.  And no - they do not get overtime.  The post office pays a fixed amount for the route, whether it takes two hours or twelve.  Just how do they get away with that?  Oh, right.  They are the government.

No comments:

Post a Comment