Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Sox Win! Sox Win! Sox Win!



As regular blog readers know, I grew up in the south side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago, and therefore am a dedicated Chicago White Sox fan.  And I decided that instead of paying $120 for the worst seat in the house to attend Opening Day at Denver's Coors Field, I would subscribe once again to MLB.com, which allows me to watch every single Chicago White Sox baseball game this season, not to mention the occasional Cubs game (Chicago's effete north side team) in desperate circumstances. And yesterday, I was able to witness the White Sox win their first victory of the year, a 9 to 7 spring training victory over the Kansas City Royals.  Am I worried because the White Sox lost three games and tied one before achieving this first victory? Certainly not.  Spring training games mean nothing.  It is all about finding the best of the best to start the regular season.  I think this year will see the first subway series (the White Sox versus the Cubs in the World Series) since 1908.  And yes - I will indeed pay $120 for that particular ticket.


No comments:

Post a Comment