Saturday, February 16, 2019

Lunch With Peter At Pepper



I had lunch yesterday afternoon at Pepper Asian Bistro with my old office-mate Peter.  As can be seen in the photograph above, Peter is still a bit camera shy (probably still in the Witness Protection Program), and would reveal only one eye, whereas last time I took his photograph I was able to get both eyes, though nothing else.  What can I say?  Once I put someone's photograph on my blog, they become very reticent about appearing on my blog again. In any case, we discussed what was happening at Denver's Tattered Cover Bookstore, where I was the bookkeeper until I retired last August, and also discussed what various co-workers are up to these days. And I must say, Pepper has great food and a really good deal at lunch. When we went into the place, there was a homeless person sleeping in front of the place, with his shopping cart on the sidewalk next to him, but since the restaurant, as well as the Tattered Cover Bookstore, is located on East Colfax Avenue (the longest, wickedest street in America, according to the late Hugh Hefner), what can you expect?  Good to see you again, Peter!

No comments:

Post a Comment