Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Colorado Rockies Update




I went to see a Colorado Rockies baseball game this past Sunday afternoon, and the Rockies actually beat the San Francisco Giants by a score of 6 to 2. It was Kyle Freeland Bobblehead Day, and so I went early just to make sure I got one.  I am convinced it will be worth a fortune in 30 or 40 years, which of course will be of no help to me, but I just wanted to make sure I get what is coming to me. And I am sure it will come as no surprise to know just how many people have told me that they also want to make sure I get what is coming to me.  Is that heartwarming or what?





In any case, I sat in the cheap seats (no surprise to regular blog readers, of course), although in my opinion, $20 is not all that cheap. However, the ticket did include $6 in food and beverages, and I was told by the person who sold me the ticket that the rooftop party deck was selling $3 beers until the first pitch, as compared to $9 beers after that. A valuable tip that I am forever indebted to her for. And just to keep you updated, the Rockies are 8 games under .500 and 21 1/2 games out of first place, while my south side heros, the Chicago White Sox, are 12 games under .500, but a mere 20 games out of first.  The north side Chicago Cubs, on the other hand, are 10 games over .500 and in first place.  Showoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment