Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Friday Afternoons In Denver



I went on a bike ride this past Friday to Lower Downtown Denver (LoDo), and from there on to the Lower Highlands (LoHi) just to the west.  And does your neighborhood have a fancy acronym?  If not, better make one up.  In any case, during the ride, I couldn't help but notice how many people were just hanging out on the patios around town, such as at the Denver Beer Company in the photograph above. It reminded me of Michael Moore's famous line from his movie Roger and Me, where he said he moved from Flint, Michigan - where nobody had a job, but everyone wanted to work - to San Francisco, where everyone had a job, but nobody seemed to work.  I still have to wonder if the reason so many people are free on Fridays is because they have only part-time positions, which businesses favor these days so they don't have to pay benefits. Somebody should definitely research this, but hopefully not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment