Thursday, August 15, 2019

Happy Hour With Wally At Devour The 303



I met my friend and former University of Denver Bookstore co-worker Wally the other day for happy hour at Devour the 303, a new restaurant that recently opened at the corner of Downing and Evans here in Denver. This space was formerly occupied by two restaurants - Atticus and The Rosedale - and before that, Boone's, named after the now banned University of Denver mascot (the mascot was male, and thus not inclusive enough for the university community). As far as I know, the new University of Denver mascot is the dollar bill. Before Boone's, the space was occupied for decades by Fagan's, and so this location has had a spotty history, to say the least.  But in any case, the food was good, and Wally and I caught up on what each of us has been doing the past few months.  I recounted my adventures in Western and Southwestern Colorado, and Wally told me of his and his wife Linda's trips to San Francisco, the Poconos, Dayton (Yes! Dayton!), Gettysburg, and future planned trips to Providence, Rhode Island, Cape Cod, and Washington D.C. For someone who doesn't like to travel, Wally sure gets around a lot. Good catching up with you,Wally!

No comments:

Post a Comment