Thursday, August 1, 2019

The Baby Orangutan Strikes Out On It's Own...



As I mentioned in yesterday's blog post, I went to the Denver Zoo this past Friday afternoon, and was happy to see that the baby orangutan was now walking around on it's own, instead of clinging to it's mother and being carried everywhere, as was the case the last time I was there. I took the above photo of him or her playing with an empty produce box, using it as a fort, like kid's everywhere do.  And I must say, the orangutan's are much more playful than the gorillas.  They swing around on ropes, play with toys, run around the compound, and generally have a lot of fun.  The gorillas just sit there and eat.  If you are contemplating one of these animals as a pet, I would definitely go with the orangutan.

No comments:

Post a Comment