Thursday, June 25, 2020

Beers And Pizza With Valarie At The Hogshead!



I had pizza and beers with my friend Valarie, seen in the photograph above, yesterday afternoon at the Hogshead Brewery, located just a few blocks north of Sloan's Lake here in Denver (SloHi, if you are keeping track of all the local neighborhood acronyms). Valarie, my former co-worker at the University of Denver Bookstore, is doing well, and looking forward to a trip to Michigan for a "girls only" getaway at a friend's cottage there. Sounds pretty sexist to me, but what do I know? Valarie is keeping busy in retirement doing volunteer work, and is even writing a novel, which revolves around the street where she lived for many years in Denver's Highlands neighborhood . She promises to send me a chapter to critique. I just hope the first murder happens right off the bat. I don't want to give her a bad review.

No comments:

Post a Comment