Wednesday, June 10, 2020

In A House Of Lies



I just finished reading In a House of Lies, Ian Rankin's latest Inspector Rebus novel. I had read a lot of good things about this series, and decided to start with Rankin's latest book.  I was surprised to find that in this story - and probably quite a few others - that the title character, John Rebus, is retired, but still getting involved in current investigations by the Edinburgh police.  This time, the body of a murder victim is found in the trunk of a car hidden in some woods 10 years after his disappearance. Rebus was involved in the original investigation - which was universally condemned as being botched by the police - and he now wants to make sure the case gets solved this time around. I really liked the book, and strongly recommend reading it, although Rebus does strike me as a bit of an old fuddy-duddy.  I definitely intend to read some of the older books, too.  And by the way, it is just pure coincidence that I took the above photograph of In a House of Lies in front of Driscoll South, home of the now Follett Higher Education Group run University of Denver Bookstore, my former employer.

No comments:

Post a Comment