Monday, June 15, 2020

What's New In The June Issue Of Chicago Magazine?




To be honest, not all that much, although I did learn that the magazine is now owned by the Chicago Tribune. Whether that happened last week or 20 years ago, I can't say. The feature article this month is about the best places to live in and around Chicago. I was happy to see that one of these places was Beverly, located on the south side of Chicago just a mile or so west of where I grew up in the Brainerd neighborhood.  I actually think I could even afford to live in Beverly these days, unlike most of the other neighborhoods on the list.  However, most of the houses mentioned seemed to have 4 or 5 bedrooms, which would be a bit too much for one person, and besides - the property taxes would probably kill me. Best to just stay here in Denver, visit Chicago as much as possible, and stay at only the finest Motel 6 resort hotels in the city.





And speaking of real estate, there was a 2 page ad in this issue for NEMA, a new 76 story residential apartment building just two blocks away from where my sister Susan and brother-in-law George used to live at 1130 South Michigan. Living there would be fun, if you had all the money in the world to burn.  But evidently that is what the average Chicago Magazine reader has, because this issue features a lot of ads by realtors, and all the properties are priced between one and ten million dollars.  Hey rich guys - have you ever thought about checking out Beverly?

No comments:

Post a Comment