Wednesday, June 17, 2020

You Can't Remember Everything...



I had a late lunch/early dinner yesterday afternoon with my friend Stuart at the Cherry Cricket in Denver's Cherry Creek neighborhood, and wound up forgetting to take his photograph for today's blog.  Forgetting things is not unusual for me these days, nor for Stuart, either. Stuart told me yesterday that he can remember all the details about riding a pony at the Illinois State Fair as a child, but can't remember what he had for lunch the other day, poor old guy.  In any case, thanks to my extensive file of photographs, I was able to post the above photo of Stuart (on the left) and myself at a brew fest that took place (I think) around Labor Day weekend in 1994, near where Coors Field was then under construction (and seen in the background of the photograph).  At the time, baseball was in the middle of the longest player's strike in it's history, and Coors Field's grand opening was delayed until April 26th, 1995.  And what is the current state of baseball? Players and baseball team owners are far apart in talks to resume baseball after stopping spring training due to the coronavirus, and it is very possible they will not resume play this year.  As I've said many times before, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment