Sunday, June 28, 2020

Lunching With Mark








I had lunch with my friend Mark yesterday afternoon in the backyard of his house, where I took the photograph on the left of him wearing his new Leeds jersey. Mark is a big fan of the Leeds soccer club, and is excited that Leeds is leading the Championship League with only 7 games to play.  If they hold on, they will move up to the Premier League, which is the top soccer division in England.  Of course, Mark tells me that Leeds is the Chicago Cubs of the soccer world, and none of his friends in Leeds are counting their chickens before they are hatched. And if they do go up to the Premier League, most of the fans feel they will go right back down again the following year.  Definitely sounds like Cubs fans to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment