Saturday, June 13, 2020

Visiting With Wally And Linda During A Time Of Pandemic



I went over to visit my friends Wally and Linda (seen standing in their garden in the photo on the left) yesterday afternoon, and enjoyed sitting in their backyard talking about the good old days a little less than 3 months ago.  Wally, as regular blog readers will recall, was my colleague at the University of Denver Bookstore before I was  laid off by Follett Higher Education Group after the store was outsourced by the University of Denver.  I had called Wally the other day, and he told me I caught him just as he was about to climb into the crawl space under his house.  I assured him that things were not that bad yet, and he should hold off from taking that drastic step for a while.  We are, of course, all retired now, footloose and fancy free, except that none of us can travel anymore without fear of death. Bummer.



As usual, Wally and Linda's cat Stella and dog Sailor (seen in the photo on the right) were very friendly, and both greeted me warmly. Sailor is suffering from arthritis these days, and so is beginning to feel his age (tell me about it, Sailor).  He is still willing to play a game of ball for a bit, however, before needing to take a rest break. Sailor was a bit precocious in his youth, and Linda and Wally sent him up to the Colorado State Women's Prison for obedience training (part of a program to help rehabilitate inmates). Nothing like having a murderess install some discipline into your pet to keep it on the up and up.  I keep recommending that my sister Susan put her two dogs into the program, but she always says no.  And by the way, Sailor, sadly to say, was a recidivist, and has been to prison several times now.  And you know what they say about old dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment