Saturday, June 20, 2020

Speaking Of Mutts...




As long as we are talking about mutts, I figure I should feature my sister Susan's two dogs, Blackberry and Tutu.  The photograph on the left features Blackberry, a cairn that is an exact ringer for Toto of Wizard of Oz fame.  Blackberry is an independent spirit, and does not like to be picked up or held.  It was a struggle to get a photograph of us together.  Twice a week, when I drive up to Fort Collins, I take Blackberry on walks - or to be more accurate, she takes me on those walks. A number of times she has escaped the house, and spent what seems like hours eluding capture.  The last time it happened, I would approach her, and just as I got close, she would dart away and prolong the game, which she was clearly enjoying. Cute.





Tutu, seen in the photograph on the right, is a Yorkie, and although my sister keeps calling her a "good girl," she seems to bark incessantly unless she is on the couch next to Susan.  I have mentioned many times how my friends Wally and Linda took their dog to a women's prison here in Colorado, where the inmates train these dogs, but Susan refuses to take this step.  I personally feel that there is no better way to instill obedience in a dog (or for that matter, a person) than having it spend several weeks with a convicted murderess, but that is just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment