Wednesday, February 3, 2021

A Brilliant New Business Idea!



I took a walk around the neighborhood yesterday afternoon, taking advantage of the 65 degree temperatures, and passed by "birdcall," a fairly new chicken restaurant chain here in Denver, and seen in the photograph on the left. I have noticed that despite the pandemic, it seems to do a good business, especially with the drive-through. I remember when I was taking real estate classes at the University of Denver years ago that the drive-through represented something like 60 to 70 percent of a fast food restaurant's business. It looks like "birdcall" has a business model that works.


When I reached Washington Park and saw all those geese around, I came up with a brilliant idea: a fast food goose restaurant. It could be named "goose call," and feature goose sandwiches, roast goose dinners (we could give Boston Market a run for it's money, if it still exists), and of course, specialize in foie gras, which people in France go crazy over. I could hire people looking for new job opportunities, such as my friend Stuart, featured many times on this blog, and former University of Denver Bookstore co-worker Doug - who refers to me as "crazy old man Hoyt" - to help in the undertaking. I could give them big nets, large burlap bags, and send them over to Washington Park to collect the geese, all for free. Doug used to be friends with a French professor at DU, and perhaps he can recruit her to prepare the entrees. She is actually Belgian, but same difference - French language, French food, right? We'll make a fortune. I have even prepared a photo showing the logo we will put on the side of the building, seen in the photo on the right. After this, I am sure Doug will no longer refer to me as "crazy old man Hoyt." It will probably be something much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment