Thursday, February 25, 2021

Pining For Paris


Since travel to Europe is not allowed during the pandemic, we can only dream about visiting there in the near future. Therefore, over the next couple of days - as a public service - I am featuring some photographs of my trip to France and Italy, taken several years ago. The photo above was taken in the Rue Cler neighborhood of Paris. What I like most about it, besides the beautiful streetscape, is that it shows ordinary Parisians waiting for the bus, going home after work. How lucky they are to live in such a beautiful city. But what I really want to know is how they can afford to live there while most Americans can't? It seems so unfair. Perhaps the French government might consider a subsidy program for Americans who want to move there, in hopes of bringing back those funs times during the 1920s with all those starving American writers and artists. I'll e-mail my buddy President Macron today. I'm sure he'll love the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment