Friday, February 19, 2021

The February Issue Of Chicago Magazine



The February issue of Chicago Magazine has some very interesting articles, including a story about - and photos of - St. Regis Chicago, the city's newest skyscraper, as seen on the magazine's cover in the photo on the left. St. Regis Chicago is 101 stories high, the third tallest building in the city, and features three interconnected towers located on East Wacker Drive, along the Chicago River. According to the article, it now dominates the skyline. Completing the building was not easy - a Chinese conglomerate backed out of the project, and a local development group stepped in to finish construction, with St. Regis Hotels occupying the lower floors, and pricey condos above. I definitely intend to stay there the next time I am in Chicago, just as long as their prices are competitive with my usual five star favorite, the Motel 6.



There was also a story about a 126 year old Queen Anne residence in Evanston, Illinois, seen in the photo on the right, which is currently on the market for 1.95 million. It is a pretty good sized place (6,000 square feet, with 6 bedrooms, as well as 3 additional bedrooms in a separate coach house). It amazes me that I just recently featured a house in Boulder, Colorado on this blog that was valued at almost the same amount, but much smaller, and with no coach house. Boulder is the 7th most expensive housing market in the country, and I think comparing the price of these two residences proves that fact. For my money, I would buy the place in Evanston and commute back and forth between there and my condo in Denver. For that kind of money, I would definitely insist on a coach house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment