Saturday, February 13, 2021

A Cold, But Rather Surprising Weather Forecast


The weather forecast here in Denver is for a very cold holiday weekend, with at least several inches of snow thrown in for good measure. Yesterday was forecast to reach 28 degrees, and I kept looking at the temperature displayed on my phone to see when we reached that temperature, which is when I intended to go out and do my errands. Unfortunately, it never got higher than 11 degrees, and I had to venture out into those freezing temps. And by the way, I took the photograph above from my living room window, while sitting in front of my space heater to stay warm (sadly, there are no fireplaces in my condo building to sit beside). While sitting there, I also read an article about the national weather outlook on the CNN website, which said that many parts of the country would see below zero temperatures, and 75% of the nation would remain below freezing throughout the weekend. The article went on to suggest, among other things, that since it was Valentine's Day weekend, people should stay home and "make a baby." That is something I have never read in a weather report before. A nice idea, but it could be far more problematic for some than for others. What is the phone number for "It's Just Lunch," anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment